Prepping Your Home for Warmer Weather
With winter a fading memory, it's a good time to begin preparing your home for the warmer weather, including inspecting it for possible damage from moisture and cold temperatures. Here are 10 steps to get you started:
- Inspect and clean clogged gutters and downspouts
- Have air conditioning systems serviced before the hot weather hits
- Check and repair torn window and door screens
- Inspect and fix cracked driveways and walkways
- Examine outdoor faucets and interior pipes for leaks or freeze damage
- Reseal exterior window woodwork if there are gaps
- Get an annual tune-up for your lawnmower and sharpen the blades
- Cut back and trim overgrown bushes or trees near your home
- Inspect and patch foundation cracks and pitch soil away from home to prevent basement flooding
- Check and replace non-working batteries in smoke detectors
NJM Insurance Group's Commitment to Safety
NJM's enduring commitment to safety can be traced back to our earliest days — with a focus that has expanded from improving conditions in manufacturing facilities to helping keep customers safe on the roads and at home. NJM is a leader in personal and commercial auto, homeowners, and workers' compensation insurance.
"15 Home Maintenance Tips for Spring," https://www.hgtv.com/lifestyle/clean-and-organize/10-home-maintenance-tips-for-spring-pictures.
"Spring Maintenance Checklist — More Than Cleaning," https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/spring-maintenance-checklist, (March 18, 2020).
"6 Must-Do Outdoor Spring Home Maintenance Tasks," https://www.hgtv.com/lifestyle/clean-and-organize/10-home-maintenance-tips-for-spring.